A carefully selected bathroom vanity can be the single defining feature of your bathroom, and with so many to choose from it it’s an important but also a daunting choice.
Looks are obviously very important, but from a functionality perspective a bathroom vanity should also store bathroom items and neatly house plumbing.
Henri and the team at All Bathroom Gear can work with your home design and existing décor to help you choose the best vanity for your needs, especially when undergoing bathroom renovations. The bathroom vanity is often the single biggest defining feature of any bathroom, so here are some guidelines to help make the decision making process easier.
What look do you want to achieve?
For modern, oriental, luxury or traditional bathrooms there is a vanity style available to complement the existing furnishings and décor of your bathroom. To help choose a unit to complement the existing style of the room consider the colour palette of the room including the tiles and the amount of light in the room. If there’s a lot of white in the room, darker cabinetry can add depth and richness to the space. The style of tapware in the bathroom can also play a design role in choosing a matching vanity.
Bathroom Vanity and the Room Size
Big vanities is small room can look out of place and small vanities will be frustrating to use. Generally the bigger the better since it will offer more storage and bench space and can accommodate multiple basins and storage. If the size of your bathroom is a limited, wall mounted shelving and other corner storage should be considered
Functionality and Features available
Different bathroom vanity units come with a range of different features which are worth taking into consideration.
- Double sinks. Most vanities feature under mount sinks which are mounted below the counter. Vessel sinks are raised above the counter and can be an eye catching feature.
- Above basin medicine cabinets that double as a mirror.
- Open or closed storage options or a mixture of both.
- Marble, granite, stone, laminate, ceramic porcelain and timber are all different materials to choose from. Timber can create an oriental theme and marble and stone finish the luxury look.
- Curved edges and decorative insets can create a more traditional feel.
- Soft close drawers and doors with no handles for a minimalist look are also available
- Wall hung vanities and floating bathroom vanities can create the ultra modern look with straight clean lines and a sleek finish.
With an exciting range of modern, traditional, oriental and luxury vanity styles we’ve got it all at All Bathroom Gear in Brisbane. Visit us in store at 46 Ipswich Road Woolloongabba or get in touch through our website for more inspiration and advice for all things bathroom related!